More and more lately, I’ve tried to stay away from processed meals, condiments, snacks.
I’ve found the fresher my foods are, the less bogged down I feel at bedtime. And the less tired I feel during the day. I have an exceptionally busy month in May for my job and the extra energy I’m feeling from fresh foods is a needed bonus. I’ve spent some time in the last year studying up on the skills and experience of a favorite Raw specialist, Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram of FullyRaw.com fame. Even without noticing Kristina’s spectacular inner and outer beauty, anyone would hopefully acknowledge that she’s been extraordinarily successful in her young Raw life. With such an example to us all, I admit I’ve been seduced by Kristina’s enthusiasm and love of all things fresh and edible. She brings life to her meals with the rarest of talents, sincere joy in living. You can read up on her decade of bringing raw food to the nation, including running the largest, non-profit organic food cooperative in the U. S. (sans salary BTW) by clicking her ‘About’ page HERE.
Kristina is one of the very few publicly Vegan figures to speak to the fact that if we are to be kind to animals, we ought to be kind to each other, as humans as well. Far too many anonymously, feckless characters in the bowels of the web choose to behave otherwise. We are kind to animals for the same reason we should be kind to one another I’d think. And if you’re not Vegan to be kind, why bother?
There are other ways of eating to stay healthy. Veganism should be solely about the consequences of what we eat.
And how we live our lives: Not solely what we eat.
Zesty, Dairy & Oil-free Creamy Cucumber Dill Dressing
- 8 - 10 inch Organic Cucumber, skin on, sliced
- 1 large, ripe organic Tomato
- 1 - 2 Tbs. course ground Mustard
- 2 - 3 Tbs. raw Tahini paste
- 1 Tbs. dried Dill
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- juice of 1/2 of a Lemon
- Water or Vinegar as needed
- Combine all prepared ingredients in a blender. Pulse and then blend until smooth and creamy. Add vinegar or water to adjust texture.
- Oil free, Sugar free, Vegan, Raw
- Makes about 12 ounces. Keep refrigerated in a sealed container for 3 weeks or less to maintain fresh flavor.
Just me and the cats this weekend. I’ll be in the kitchen working on a few new things to share with you this month and taking it easy, if I can find space in the bed that is……….
Hope you all have a relaxing weekend of fun and naps like my Mr. Jack here!
More from my site
- Is it Vegan? – A Vegan Food Checker App
- Sunwarrior Classic Plus Protein Powder Review & Giveaway + Brandi’s New York Style Cheesecake