So here’s the ‘drama’ of this humble little cake:
The delectable chopped apple pecan topping? It gets ladled on to your slice of cake, piping hot, just as you’re being served your cake. Yup. DRAMA….
Okay, so you could also pour some topping on prior to cutting the cake but why not let each person feel like their piece is just specialized for them by letting them spoon on the topping themselves? Either way, it’s the tastiest apple cake I’ve ever had in 50 some years folks. Sorry Mom. And the healthiest by way of ingredients to be sure.
Some of that ‘healthy’ aspect comes from using Stevia along side of some natural sweetening like Maple Syrup and Apple. This time I used my all time favorite NuNaturals Vanilla Liquid and some NuStevia Simple Syrup.
The stevia adds sweetness without adding additional calories or carbs here. We like that.
And NuNaturals Stevia never fails me in my desserts. I even tried out a newer product they have in this little cake that provides Oat fiber without adding any additional carbohydrates or sugars.
Check it out.
Then go out and get some Organic Cider and make this cake. You can choose to ladle or not to ladle but you’ll be loving the topping and the moisture it adds to the cake itself.
- 4 ounces Apple Cider
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, diced small
- 2 Tbs. Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Pecans or Walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Heat your topping ingredients prior to serving your cake and set aside warmed.
- Wet ingredients -
- 4 ounces of Apple Cider mixed with 2 Tbs. Flax Seed Grounds
- 1 cooked Sweet Potato, mashed
- 2 Tbs. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dry ingredients -
- 1 cup Ground Rolled Oats or Oat Flour
- **1 cup Organic Unbleached Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground Cloves
- 1 tsp. dried, ground Ginger
- 1/4 cup Cinnamon Sugar
- Scant amount of olive oil for your cake pan or use a silicon or non-stick pan.
- Mix together the wet ingredients in a large bowl until the sweet potato is smooth in the liquids.
- Stir together all the dry ingredients and then slowly add them into the wet. Stir just until the dry is blended in and completely moistened and set aside.
- Prepare an 8 X 8 baking pan. I dipped my finger tips in the tiniest amount of olive oil and then used that to spread on the bottom and sided of my pan to prevent sticking without adding calories.
- Pour your cake batter into the pan and bake for 20 - 25 minutes at 375 degrees or until the top of the cake springs bake to a light touch.
- You can wait to add your apple topping by spooning it warm over each piece as you serve them or simply poke 9 or 10 small holes into the top of the cooked cake with the end of a round handled spoon and then spoon the entire amount of cake topping over the whole cake.
- Makes 9 square cut pieces.
- Keep refrigerated or at room temperature for 3 - 4 days.
- ** For a Gluten-Free cake, substitute a Gluten-Free flour mixture for the Whole Wheat Flour
- Vegan, Oil free with Gluten-Free options.
NuNaturals has graciously offered to send 4 of my readers a few of their most popular products to try out!
To enter the giveaway, simply comment on this post and tell me a favorite holiday family dessert that you’ve enjoyed for years.
That’s your entry ♥
4 winners will receive ( 1 ) one bottle of the Vanilla Stevia Liquids, a 50 pkt box of our NuStevia White Stevia Powder packets PLUS a bottle of the Cocoa & Cocoa Mint syrups. In addition a FREE BONUS product. All 4 winners get this pkg with a $70.00 retail value.
The contest is open to residents of all countries – we love that about NuNaturals contest, right?
You can also receive DISCOUNTS on all orders placed over at NuNaturals .
When you get to the checkout page at NuNaturals.com, enter the DISCOUNT CODE ; BLG1215 – you’ll receive – 15% DISCOUNT on you ENTIRE ORDER. This discount remains EFFECTIVE UNTIL DECEMBER 31, 2015.
Online ordering customers will also receive FREE SHIPPING to the CONTINENTAL U. S. on all orders exceeding $35.00 after discounts.
Contest ends November 30th, 2015.
4 winners will be selected at random and notified via email.
You can find out more about NuNaturals products on their social sites around the web:
I was provided with product for NuNaturals for this review. All opinions are my own.
More from my site
- Fifteen Minute Cranberry Christmas Jam
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse from Laura Theodore’s ‘vegan-ease’