Just because you may have missed out on Diwali celebrations last week doesn’t mean that you can’t still enjoy some of the wonderful sweet Diwali traditional recipes. Beautifully “Veganized” for you by Vegan Richa herself….
- ½ cup Semolina flour (or Brown rice flour for Glutenfree)
- ½ cup dry Coconut flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut oil (optional. Omit to make Oil-free)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cashew pieces (optional. Omit to make nut-free)
- a pinch of salt
- Sugar Syrup:
- ½ cup ground raw sugar
- 3 Tablespoons water
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- In a large pan, dry roast the semolina on medium-low heat for 6-8 minutes until the color changes and it gets fragrant.
- Using a blender/processor, blend the coconut flakes to make coarse coconut flour. Add coconut flour, coconut oil, salt and cashew pieces to the pan. Mix well and roast for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, in another pan, make the sugar syrup.
- Add all syrup ingredients and bring to a boil on medium heat. Continue to heat at medium low until one thread consistency.
- Add the hot sugar syrup to the roasting dry ingredients and mix well to form a lumpy mixture. (Best result when both contents are hot)
- Take off heat. Press immediately into parchment lined or greased baking pan (I used an 8 by 4 inch pan.)
- Cut into squares when still warm. The bars will harden as they cool.
- Break into pieces when cool. Store in airtight container for upto a week.
Wouldn’t you like to have your own E-Book copy of all these wonderful treats?
Enter to win a copy HERE
Thanks Richa ♥
photos and recipe used with permission.
More from my site
- Beet Hummus & BBQ Flax Seed Crackers – GF with Raw options
- Holiday Crowd Pleasers – Vegan Style Guest Posting from EverydayHealth.com