My favorite ice cream flavor has always been Pistachio.
This recipe I got together last year for St. Patty’s Day really made a fabulous non-dairy version of an old favorite.
I spent a lot of time cracking the nuts open to soak them. I would suggest trying to get some already shelled. I sat at the table cracking away and started realizing how many things in my kitchen are ‘Pistachio’ color…………….I guess I like the spring green more than I realized?
Doesn’t taste like Avocado, doesn’t even taste like Coconut. Just a big bang of Pistachio and Vanilla flavor which is what I wanted.
The Macadamia nuts give it an extra crunch although any nut would be good or leave out the Macadamias and just reserve some of the Pistachio nuts to add in whole. The texture of the Pistachios was still in the cream on mine too so it’s not purely smooth like regular ice cream would be. Boy, for someone who’s hated missing ice cream since going Vegan, this is like magic. Love getting to taste my old favorite flavor or ice cream again without the aches and pains from dairy the next day.
- 1 Cup of organic shelled Pistachio nuts, soak for at least 30 minutes and rinsed
- 1 Cup So Delicious DF Coconut Milk Creamer (French Vanilla) Chilled
- 2 medium size ripe Avocados, chopped
- 3 Tbs. Organic Coconut Sugar Crystals, or just Palm Sugar
- 1 13.5 oz. Can of Organic Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 1 Pouch of Vega Vanilla Almondilla Smoothie mix (or 2 scoops vanilla protein powder)
- 1 tsp. liquid Stevia / plain or vanilla
- 1 cup rough chopped Macadamia Nuts *stir in after above ingredients are blended.
- Blend all ingredients except the Macadamia nuts in a food processor until a smooth thick batter is achieved.
- Stir in the Macadamia nuts and freeze for at least 1 hour until the cream batter firms up or process in an ice cream maker per the manufacturer's directions.
- Store in a covered container.
More from my site
- Sugar Free Apricot Jam ♥ & a Giveaway!
- Luscious Vegan Chocolate Mousse