Yesterday I stopped at a favorite local orchard on my way home from work and really hit the jackpot. The biggest, most perfect looking head of yellow cauliflower I’ve ever seen. It must have been more than 8 inches across. What to make out of all that?
I mean some people get excited going to Atlantic City? I got dizzy just carrying this thing into the house I was so thrilled. Okay, get a grip. I was really just happy that I’d have a chance to play with the flavors and make up some creamy mashed spicy cauliflower for dinner this week. Turns out a whole pot full still only used 1/2 the head….this thing is BIG!
- 2 cups of cauliflower florets, washed, steamed until softened
- ¾ - 1 cup of non dairy creamer *not vanilla or sweetened
- 4 oz. vegan butter, melted
- 4 oz. vegan cream cheese, softened to room temp.
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder or 1 garlic clove minced
- optional 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan and heat on low for 30 minutes to thicken, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Add more creamer if needed when re-heating.
One great veggie, eh?
Almost as good as Grandmom’s Thanksgiving Mashed Potatoes….almost ♥
Have a safe weekend everyone.
More from my site
- Simple Asian Cucumber Zucchini Salad
- Natalie Slater’s Vegan ‘Cannibal Corpse Crock-Pot’ BBQ from Bake & Destroy