Yes, while everyone else is shopping and decorating…. it’s time for another Canned Time soup.
The delicious homemade croutons / crackers add a nice spice and texture to this creamy soup.
You can find the recipe for the flax crackers HERE.
The flax crackers store easily in a sealed container and break up in soup for a crunchy background flavor. They hold up to the soup and are also great for spreads and dips. And the soup is so fresh with all those sweet cherry tomatoes. I really didn’t want to over do the spices to keep that creamy tomato flavor in the forefront.
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 - 5 cups of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup non dairy milk (unsweetened or flavored)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp white pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 2 cloves finely diced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage ( I used Napa for this)
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Organic Cane Sugar
- Drizzle of Olive oil for the onion
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients except the onion and oil until smooth.
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil at medium heat and add in diced onion. Stir to saute until onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato puree into the sauteed onions and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for at least 1 hour.
1 year ago I was resting 😉 Coming up this week: Vegan Dulce de Leche
Merry Christmas everyone ♥
More from my site
- Vegan ‘Cheezy’ Potato Casserole
- Coconut Dulce de Leche Candies and Cream