Warm your spirits with a little sweetened spice.
The simple version of vegetable soup with an Asian touch makes up for pennies a bowl.
Soy and Vinegar background flavors compliment fresh crunchy veggies and then the spice warms the back of your throat. Wakes up your meal without overpowering other dishes.
What you will need for this recipe:
- 6 Cups Water
- 3/4 Cups Soy Sauce (Tamari)
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Handfuls Fresh, Chopped Kale
- 5 Celery Stalks, sliced
- 2 Bell Peppers, Diced
- 1 English Cucumber, sliced
- 2 Cups Barley, Cooked
- 1 Cup Tempeh, Chopped into chunks
- 1 Tbs. Garlic Powder
- 1- 2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tbs. Vegetable Soup Stock Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 - 3 Tbs. of Agave Nector or other sweetener to taste
Saute chopped Vegetables in the Olive Oil on medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add in the water and soup stock powder.
Bring soup to a boil and add in remaining ingredients: Barley, Tempeh, spices, vinegar, soy sauce and sweetener.
Reduce heat and cook on a simmer until vegetables are just tender.
Add salt to taste (I didn't add any because the soy is salty enough)
All recipe information and images copyright to Canned-Time.com unless otherwise indicated.
A healthy way to end your day…..
- Quinoa & Barley Apple Salad
- Healthy Raw Cocoa Shake