Warm your spirits with a little sweetened spice.
Soy and Vinegar background flavors compliment fresh crunchy veggies and then the spice warms the back of your throat. Wakes up your meal without overpowering other dishes.
Tempeh Sweet & Sour Soup
- 6 Cups Water
- 3/4 Cups Soy Sauce (Tamari)
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Handfuls Fresh, Chopped Kale
- 5 Celery Stalks, sliced
- 2 Bell Peppers, Diced
- 1 English Cucumber, sliced
- 2 Cups Barley, Cooked
- 1 Cup Tempeh, Chopped into chunks
- 1 Tbs. Garlic Powder
- 1- 2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tbs. Vegetable Soup Stock Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 - 3 Tbs. of Agave Nector or other sweetener to taste
- Saute chopped Vegetables in the Olive Oil on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add in the water and soup stock powder.
- Bring soup to a boil and add in remaining ingredients: Barley, Tempeh, spices, vinegar, soy sauce and sweetener.
- Reduce heat and cook on a simmer until vegetables are just tender.
- Add salt to taste (I didn't add any because the soy is salty enough)
A healthy way to end your day…..
More from my site
- Quinoa & Barley Apple Salad
- Healthy Raw Cocoa Shake