I just love having the opportunity to help someone try out these products for free this month!
Sunwarrior made me very happy this summer! Here’s why..
If you’re new to Canned Time, you may have missed a scrumptious posting I brought you this spring which featured a few recipe ideas using a fabulous new ‘Classic Plus’ line from Sunwarrior products. If so, please check it out after you’ve enter to win some Sunwarrior for yourself at the end of this posting.
It has a complete listing of all the fabulously healthy ingredients that Sunwarrior uses in this new ‘Classic Plus’ line and shows you just how important the way they process their products can be to how beneficial they are to your body.
Some protein powders leave you wondering why you didn’t spend a little more and get something truly beneficial and tasty? I’ve been using Sunwarrior’s full line now for years and I really think the Classic Plus is their best product in the full line of options they offer. The video here will get you some of the reasons I love this product so much and why you MUST enter to win some for yourself in my Giveaway this month!
- Complete and balanced protein for muscle, building, repair, and maintenance*
- Rich in Lysine, often missing in plant-based proteins*
- Hypoallergenic (free of major allergens)*
- Protein rich foods create a thermic effect to burn more calories*
As I’ve found this year, Sunwarrior Classic Plus can go to so many more places than just your average smoothie. Before we get to my granola parfait, here are a couple of quick ideas I’ve blended the vanilla powders into lately:
Vanilla Apple Matcha Balls
In a food processor, combine 1 cup Rolled Oats, 2 scoops Sunwarrior Vanilla Classic Plus Protein Powder, 1/4 cup Maple Syrup, 1 cup Green Grapes, 1 Tbs. Cinnamon, 1 Tbs. Matcha Powder. Pulse until a wet dough forms. Add mix to a bowl and stir in 2 chopped Apples. Freeze dough to harden and then form walnut size balls. Roll each ball in a mixture of 1 cup unsweetened Shredded Coconut and 2 Tbs. Coconut Sugar to coat.
Freeze until serving. Makes about 15 balls.
Vanilla Lemon-Lime Chiller
Combine 1 or 2 frozen bananas, 1 Tbs. Coconut Sugar, 2 oz. Coconut Milk, 2 cups of Ice and
1 Tbs. Sunwarrior Classic Vanilla Plus Protein Powder in a blender. Makes 2 8 oz. glasses.
Now on to my Granola Parfaits……..
I started out making this granola to snack on for an upcoming weekend out-of-town. I made a double batch and left so much bagged up in the freezer that each time I’d open the door and see the bag sitting innocently on the cold self, I began to think of some other way to use some of it up more quickly. Why not a parfait?
To be honest, I’d never tried a layered parfait like you’d see as a dessert option for some reason.
Well, I’m hooked.
The mild sweet cream in this one I think is what got me. I love desserts, don’t get me wrong. But after a few bites of something overly sweet I lose interest. The sour Goji berries and the sour cherries I added in balance out the smooth textures and taste of the cream layer. Heck, I’d eat the cream layer by itself and be fine for a few spoonfuls.
What I really love about this dessert, about Sunwarrior Vanilla as well is my own little secret in each bite about how many good things there are packed into that bite. If it doesn’t taste good, of course, who needs the nutrition? But this one has all the good and all the flavor for you. Thanks Sunwarrior for a superior product to sneak into my meals. I’ve dropped about 30 lbs. now since May when I first started using their Classic Plus line and just love the quick, tasty option it gives me for a meal. Or in this case, a rewarding dessert that doesn’t kill the calorie count for the day. And although coconut butter is not exactly diet food, there are good fats in that as well and no added sugars in the cream layer at all. It really is amazing how much taste and nutrition you can get into a revamped dish when you substitute healthy whole foods in place of refined and processed traditional ingredients. Hope you guys try this one whether it’s Sunwarrior or your own favorite powders. Maybe a chocolate version even?
- 1/2 cup Goji Berries soaked and drained
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 4 large Dates, chopped
- 1 cup Mixed Nuts, chopped
- 1 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 Tbs. Coconut Oil, softened
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Sunwarrior Classic Plus Vanilla Protein Powder (or other)
- 2 Tbs. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- Fresh Sour Cherries (optional add-in to stir in after cooking)
- 2/3 cups Coconut Butter, melted
- 2/3 cups Vanilla Vegan Yogurt
- 1/3 cup Almond Milk
- Mix together all of the granola ingredients in a large mixing bowl until everything is combined and coated. Spread your granola across a non-stick baking pan to about an inch thickness.
- Bake granola @300 degrees for about 20 minutes. Remove the pan and stir the granola to keep it from browning too much. Repeat the 20 minute baking again and stir. Repeat once more then stir and set aside to cool while you make the parfait cream.
- Soften the Coconut Butter and then stir together in a blender with the Vanilla Yogurt and Almond Milk to form a stiff cream. This will be thicker than a pudding texture. Add a Tbs. or so more milk if you'd like the cream to be softer.
- Layer Granola and the Cream mix into glasses and serve at room temperature or slightly warmed in a microwave. Store your granola and cream mix covered in the fridge for up to one week.
- Coconut Butter is expensive. I used a homemade version that makes it about 1/3 the price and fixes up in just minutes. I used a recipe or technique I found over @TheVegan8.com and it worked perfectly. You can make up a batch in about 10 minutes and store it sealed at room temperature for weeks.
- I added in some fresh sour cherries that my husband brought home from the farmer's market for a touch of tang that works well with the sweet cream but you could substitute other berries or chopped apple even.
And I have to thank Brandi over at The Vegan 8 for the help in making my own Coconut Butter so quick and inexpensively. She really helped me out on this one. Be sure to check out her step-by-step posting on how to get yourself a jar or two of this magical creamy goodness HERE.
Sunwarrior has graciously offered to send one of my readers a fabulous sample pack of their products including the Vanilla Classic Plus Protein and a nifty shaker bottle to mix up and carry your drinks in.
Enter to win below. Contest ends August 22nd. U. S. residents only
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Good luck everyone. Leave as many comments as you’d like each day for added entries ♥
Thanks Sunwarrior for providing me with product for this post and the giveaway.
All recipes and opinions are my own.
More from my site
- From TheVegan8.com – Brandi’s Vegan Mexican Chocolate Sweet Potato Pudding – ‘Family Favorite Desserts’ entry for July
- Isa’s ‘Vegan with a Vengeance- 10th Anniversary Edition’ – The Queen of Post Punk Kitchen strikes again!