Last Friday night, my husband surprised me with a fantastic BBQ meal including a Vegan Faux Pulled ‘Pork’ he came up with and a wonderful Red Cabbage Slaw. They were both wonderfully delicious and healthy. Perfect for my Vegan MoFo theme. Check it out:
Just mix a little of the ‘Pork’ mixture with a spoonful of slaw and you’ve got a fabulous sandwich or wrap like I did here.
The spicy slaw mixed so well with the BBQ flavors and melded together for one fantastic wrap. We’ve had these 3 times now since Friday. They are worth the all the chopping!
- 3 Cups Chopped Red Cabbage
- 1½ Cups Vegan Sandwich Spread or Mayo
- 1 Cup Carrot sliced thin and chopped
- ½ Cup Green Pepper, diced
- 2 Tbs. Tamari Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbs. Organic Sugar
- ¼ Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Celery Seed
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mix together cabbage, green pepper and carrots in a large bowl.
- Stir together all other ingredients and then pour sauce over the veggie slaw mix.
- Stir together, cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight to meld flavors.
- For wraps, combine slaw with veggie pulled 'pork' in a tortilla or flat bread wrap.
- Keep refrigerated or on ice until serving.
Oyster Mushroom Vegan BBQ Pulled ‘Pork’
1 Lbs. Oyster Mushrooms cleaned with a damp towel
1 Jalapeno Pepper, Julianne cut
2 Cups Cabbage, chopped in thin pieces
3 Scallions chopped with the greens
2 Tbs. BBQ dry rub
2 Tbs. Olive Oil
Cut the tops off of each mushroom and dice the tops into small cubes. To create your shreds, holding one end of each mushroom stem at a time on a cutting board, pull a fork across the the stem to create your shredded strips of mushroom like pork shreds. Mix all your mushroom pieces, shreds and cubes together in a bowl.
In a medium size fry pan, saute all the ingredients except the dry rub until the mixture becomes slightly tender. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the dry rub. Use more rub for a stronger BBQ flavor. Serve with slaw and your favorite BBQ Sauce.
More and more MoFo still to come folks 😉
More from my site
- Fresh & Fruity Watermelon Granita
- Cranberry Cocoa Rice Crispy Bars