Boy, I kinda went a little crazy this month when the folks at Oriya Organics asked me to work up a recipe using their products. Crazy good though. Their ingredients are just superbly nutritious.
The first time I tried their Super Green Medley, which contains live enzymes, phytonutrients, antioxidants, wheatgrass, barley grass, chlorella, and sprulina, I sliced lemon, fresh pineapple, cucumber and a tsp. of Super Green Medley powder into a jar of filtered water and let it chill in the fridge over night. What a wonderful way to start my morning drinking this delicious powerhouse of nutrition the next day. I’ve been enjoying the same drink, different fruits each morning now and I can feel the energy boost it’s been giving me already.
The SuperFood Protein Medley has no processed sweeteners of any kind. It contains a full serving of spirulina and chlorella. On top of a protein, it is a multi-functional cleanser and detoxifier. You can be very creative with recipes including using the protein powder as a flour substitute as opposed to only in smoothies. The SuperGreen Medley is a blend of the most nutrient dense greens on the planet. There are no fillers, very pure ingredient list. It is a refreshing taste as compared to other green powders on the market.
Next I started swirling a bit into my Soy Green Tea Latté.
I’m already getting a healthy boost from the Matcha
I have an added dose of greens in my drinks.
Hot or cold,
this green powder blends perfectly into drinks.
Every batch of SuperGreen Medley is scientifically tested by third party laboratories to ensure safety and purity.
- Certified Organic by the USDA
- Certified Non-GMO by the Non-GMO Project
- Certified Vegan by Vegan Action
- No Fillers
- No Artificial Ingredients or Flavors
- No Sweeteners
- No Preservatives
- No Synthetic Nutrients
“Oriya Organics brings you nature’s greatest superfoods in their true organic form! Our whole food supplements are nutritionally dense and unadulterated – delivering revitalizing whole-body wellness benefits you can feel. Every ingredient in our product line is certified organic, non-gmo, vegan, and raw. Our superior-quality products are manufactured with the highest integrity. No fillers, artificial ingredients, flavors, sweeteners, or synthetic nutrients are used in any of our products — ever. Period. This natural approach, combined with our stringent practices in manufacturing, formulation, and quality control enables our products to resonate in harmony with your body.”
I used a scoop of the SuperFood Protein Medley in a hearty, healthy loaf of wheat bread. The green tint only complimented by a spoonful of watermelon chia seed jam. Recipe to come…
Just one serving of this powerhouse protein powder provides:
18g of protein
3g of fiber
53mg of chlorophyll
450mg of omega-3 fatty acids
Live enzymes, phytonutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals.
Then I tried adding a scoop of the SuperGreen Medley to a new Tahini Sauce Slaw. The green tint of the sprulina, wheat grass and chlorella just brought the shredded Brussels sprouts of the slaw to life and were not detectable in the flavors of tahini, vinegar and fruity pineapple. The slaw is wonderful without the green powder.
Spectacularly healthy with it.
My slaw tacos are simply a corn tortilla, black refried beans topped with a big spoonful of slaw and fresh tomatoes.
- 1 ripe organic tomato
- 2 Tbs. brown mustard
- 3 Tbs. tahini
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbs. celery salt
- 1 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1/3 cup rice or apple vinegar
- 1 tsp. Oriya Organics brand Super Green Medley (optional)
- 3 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup grilled fresh pineapple cut into small chunks
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix slaw veggies then pour on the dressing and stir to coat. The pineapple may get lost in the look of the slaw but you'll be sure to find it's sweet tangy flavor in with the spices of the dressing. Use fresh pineapple, grilled or not, for the best results.
- For tacos, spoon on about 1/2 cup of slaw on top of refried beans or other taco base ingredients. The slaw adds a delicious crunch and pop to your savory Mexican dishes.
- Vegan, added Oil-free, Gluten-free, Sugar-free.
- Makes about 1 cup of slaw dressing and about 4 cups of slaw.
- Keep refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Of course the Oriya Organics products are wonderful added to a simple smoothie. I wanted to show other ways to get your greens in with each meal though. The folks at Oriya Organics have graciously offered to provide both Superfood Protein Medley and Super Green Medley to one of my readers, a $78 value to try for themselves.
U S residents only please. Contest ends June 7th.
I was provided with Oriya Organics products for review. All opinions are my own.
More from my site
- ‘Lavender Gin Strawberry Shortcake’ from Kathy @HealthySlowCooking.com – May’s “Family Favorite Dessert” entry
- Summer Fresh Fruit Hibiscus Tarts