A perfect mix of spicy, sweet and tang. Spicy Asian Slaw.
I needed a few side dishes to bring with for our July 4th celebration Thursday and this slaw will brighten up the party for sure. The slaw is mildly sweet with a touch of ginger (barely a touch) and some healthy stuff like Miso, Broccoli and Red Pepper mixed in. I made up a jar of Annie’s Oil and Nut-free Berry-Miso Salad Dressing this weekend, (which was just fabulous Annie). It really got me in the mood for a slightly sweet and spicy dressing for my slaw today.
It balanced the spice in the beans and with such low sugar, you can eat as much as you’d like.
- 1 10 oz. bag of shredded cabbage
- 1 12 oz. bag of broccoli slaw (or a slaw mix)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Cup Vegan Salad Dressing ( I used Earth Balance 'Mindful Mayo')
- 1 Tbs. Tamari
- 2 tsp. Crystalized Ginger crushed
- 1 tsp. Celery Seed
- ¼ Cup Miso
- 1 Cup Ginger Salad Dressing ( I used Trader Joe's)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbs. Black Sesame Seeds (Optional)
- Mix together the cabbage and broccoli slaw mixes with the bell pepper.
- Stir together all the remaining ingredients with a wisk or blend in a blender until smooth. Taste to adjust pepper and add salt to taste.
- Pour the dressing over cabbage mix and stir together to coat.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. The slaw will have more flavor after 1 day at least. Cover tightly to avoid oxidation of the cabbage.
And speaking of winners…………..we have one today!
The winner of Kathy Hester’s ‘The Great Vegan Bean Book’ is:
Today’s recipe approved by ‘Mr. Floydy’ …always a help in the kitchen ♥
More from my site
- June 29th – Vegan Pizza Day!!
- Sugar Free Apricot Jam ♥ & a Giveaway!