I’ve come to the conclusion lately, or accepted the realization that I don’t really enjoy smoothies as much as the rest of the world. I’m thinking that I really should be more of a juice person. And just accept myself as I am. No guilt. No trying and trying to get a feel for that thick, veggie/fruit packed drink and deal with it. No, I’m going to be a juice girl. I’ll save the pulp. I’ll use up the fresh fruits I buy. But I’m going to go much more for just pure juices when I make up morning meals in a glass. That’s just me of course. Ya’ll keep blendin’ away the way you like it an d we’ll all get a little healthier.
- 2 cups Baby Carrots
- 2 cups Orange sections or approximately 3 oranges
- 2 cups of filtered Water
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Ice Water to blend (about 1 quart)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the blended mix through a strainer or nut bag to separate the pulp from the juice.
- Save pulp for cookies, smoothies, baked goods etc.
- Serve Orange Carrot juice, well chilled over ice.
So you’re just not a carrot kinda Girl? Here are some other fresh Summer drink ideas that may suit your fancy:
Maybe it’s just a ‘Lemonade’ kinda day? This one has a touch of Coffee substitute for added flavor without the caffeine.
A healthy, sugar and caffeine free Iced Coffee Creamer may be what you want.
These three are a few I’ve enjoyed from the health food store to cool off. All 3 have a unique flavor and packed with healthy stuff.
Rose Hip Tea – add a touch more sweetener and pour it over ice for a delicate summer sip.
Ginger Pear Tea – another great option for an iced tea beverage this summer.
Stay cool out there. One of these chilin’ drinks should help out!
More from my site
- Fancy Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola Cobbler
- Fennel Frond Gluten Free Breadsticks and “A Writing Process Blog Tour”