The secret to keeping lost
weight off? Having plenty of delicious snacks around to get you through the mid-morning / afternoon cravings.
I made up a big batch of these flavorful balls and keep them handy in the freezer now.
The spice is nice. The salt makes the sweet chocolate pop in your mouth.
So many versions of this kind of snack out there.
This is just my latest.
Make some up and make them your own favorites.
Your mouth will never know how good they are for your heart as well as your soul….
- 2 cups organic dates
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate powder
- 2 teaspoons almond or vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tables coarse sea salt
- warm water for soaking dates
- Soak your dates for at least one hour in enough warm water to cover. Pour off water (save it for a smoothie).
- Add the soaked dates, walnuts, extract, cocoa and carob powders into a food processor. Pulse until the mix forms a dough ball on the sides of the processor (about 20 pulses in mine).
- Chill the dough in the fridge (don't eat it all before this step!)
- After the dough is cold, use a tablespoon or cookie dough scoop to measure out small, 2 inches balls. Roll chilled dough in your palms quickly to form smooth balls and set onto a plate.
- Sprinkle to top of each ball with a pinch of red pepper flakes and another pinch of course salt.
- Press down gently to hold the spice and salt onto the balls.
- Store balls in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer until they're ALL GONE!
- Makes 40 - 45 bite size balls
- Raisins for dates
- Espresso for extract
- Powdered Peanut Butter for Carob
- Pecans for Walnuts
Hoping you have a wonderful weekend folks.
I’m off to chilly Atlantic City, NJ with fingers crossed we don’t get too much of Hurricane Matthew at the beach 🙁
I’ll have a bag (or two) of these yummy balls with me to snack on.
If you do whip up a batch of these little beauties,
be sure to let me know how you liked them,
put them to good use.
Time for me to make another bag full for work!
More from my site
- Oil Free Chipotle Chickpea Snackers
- Creepy Bats and Cats Chocolate Graham Crackers