Sharing my all time favorite salad dressing today. A light and creamy healthy addition to any type of salad.
This post was supposed to be about some delicious spiced carrot cookies. Obviously, it’s not. That’s what happens when you scribble recipes on the backs of junk mail envelopes month after month, and then try to match them up with photos weeks later. The cookie post was, is….all ready to go except I have no idea how much of what I put into them was. Yikes! Now it’s back to a new batch and experimentation to get them right again. They were delicious and I’m anxious to share them with you. For now, a simple vinaigrette.
This rich, creamy vinaigrette is highly adaptable to different tastes as well. Add a little more sweet, some red pepper, more vinegar for a sharp tangy background. It’s up to you but the basic for a great creamy dressing is right here in this version.
- 1/2 cup fresh Raspberries, rinsed and then dried gently
- 1/2 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Walnut Oil
- Juice of 1 Orange
- 1/4 cup Filtered Water
- Handful of Raw Walnuts
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Herbs
- 1 tsp Powdered Garlic or 1 clove fresh
- 2 - 4 Tbs. Date Sugar or Maple Syrup
- 1 - 2 Tbs. Miso Paste
- Added water to taste and consistency
- Soak the walnuts in the orange juice for an hour, or overnight in the fridge.
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Store refrigerated for up to 2 months.
More from my site
- Zsu Dever’s “Everyday Vegan Eats” – Fudge Brownies with Caramel Sauce
- Kathy’s ‘Strawberry Spelt Biscuits’ – from Healthy Slow Cooking – Breakfast In Bed-Fest entry #5