No Cows were harmed in the making of this delectable bowl of ♥
Behind the Myth: Happy Cows
In order to maintain uninterrupted milk production, cows are forced year after year to go through an endless cycle of pregnancy and birth, only to have their calves immediately taken from them.
Cows and calves cry out for each other as they are separated.
All forms of dairy farming involve forcibly impregnating cows.
This involves a person inserting his arm far into the cow’s rectum in order to position the uterus, and then forcing an instrument into her vagina.
The restraining apparatus used is commonly called a “rape rack.”
Half of all calves born are male.
Of no use in milk production, they are sent to veal-producing operations or directly to auctions where they are sold and slaughtered when they are just a few days old.
Male calves used for veal production suffer a crude castration process and are killed after 4 months spent in small crates or pens.
After just 4 to 6 years, dairy cows are “spent” from being forced to continuously produce milk. Often weak and ill, they endure transport to auction and slaughter, both of which are traumatic for these gentle animals. If allowed to exist free of exploitation and slaughter, cows can live 25 years or more.
- 3 frozen Bananas
- 2 Tbs. Powdered or Creamy Organic Peanut Butter
- 1/2 - 1 cup Water or Non-Dairy Milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla or 2 Tbs. Vanilla Protein Powder
- pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/2 - 1 cup frozen Cherries
- In a blender or food processor, pulse all ingredients except for the cherries until a smooth, soft serve ice cream texture is achieved.
- Add in chopped Cherries and pulse a few more times to mix them through the cream base.
- Enjoy as a soft serve texture or freeze until the mix has hardened some.
- Makes about 12 ounces. Store in an air tight container in the freezer for 3-4 days.
- Suggested add-ins: Nuts, Coconut, Carob Chips, Granola.
Be kind to Cows and enjoy a big bowl of cruelty-free deliciousness ♥
More from my site
- July 4th Cherry-Ice Watermelon Mocktails and No-Bake Salted Chocolate Cherry Doughnuts
- Cruelty-Free Coriander Nectarine Pear Ice Cream Pie