I’ll admit that I wasn’t familiar with Laura’s work until my friend @AnUnrefinedVegan was asked to do some of the photos for her newest book, ‘vegan-ease‘ Better late than never I guess. With the volume of Vegan cookbooks out these days, sometimes it’s hard to stay up with all the good news. Annie has a wonderful posting as well about her own history with this book if you’d like to catch up with her experiences with Laura.
Some of you may also know Laura as ‘The Jazzy Vegetarian’ And you may have seen Laura on her show of the same name which airs on Public Television, now in it’s 5th season. Whoohoooo!! Check it out: The Jazzy Vegetarian
Laura’s newest book, ‘vegan-ease‘ is a compilation of her life’s experiences with yummy, cruelty-free creations and now she shares them with us all in an easy to read, colorful book full of every type of healthy creation imaginable.
Today I have the pleasure of sharing with you all Laura’s recipe for a delicious Peanut Butter-Chocolate Mousse and…
Laura’s Top Five Tips for Vegan-Ease Cuisine:
- If you are new to vegan eating, start by serving one non-meat, plant-based meal each week for dinner. Try preparing hearty and satisfying favorites like Chili, Lasagna, Soup, Pasta, Easy Casserole or Meatless Burger.
- Use mashed bananas, ground flaxseeds mixed with water or whipped organic tofu to replace eggs in many baked goods recipes. This works especially well when making muffins, brownies and many cakes. (If a baked goods recipe calls for just one egg, in most cases you can just leave the egg out and your recipe will still be perfect!)
- Now widely available in most supermarkets, purchase rice, soy, almond, cashew, coconut or oat nondairy milk for topping cereal or as a substitute for dairy milk in almost any recipe.
- Got a sweet tooth? Organic, dairy-free, fair trade dark chocolate is available in most supermarkets and health food stores.
- When food shopping, take a moment to explore the rainbow of colors and tastes that fresh produce has to offer. Try adding one new vegetable or fruit to your cart every time you shop. This will make your journey toward a vegan diet more flavorful and fun.
From hearty main dishes, to decadent desserts, the vegan diet offers a wide range of options. And best of all, you’ll be making the world a better place, one tasty recipe at a time.
– Laura Theodore
In addition to her own books, Laura was a major contributor to The China Study All-Star Collection and her recipes can be found in the Amazon number one bestseller, Living the Farm Sanctuary Life, by Gene Baur. Laura is the on-camera host of the highly successful, award-winning Jazzy Vegetariancooking series on public television, presently available in over 88% of US households nationwide. Ms. Theodore hosts the popular podcast radio show,Jazzy Vegetarian Radio, now in its seventh year. In addition, Laura has made guest appearances on ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX, and was recently featured onThe Talk on CBS, Insider/Entertainment Tonight (HBO Red Carpet), News 4-NBC, Fox News 8, The Better Show (BVN) and the WCBS Health & Wellbeing Report. Laura writes a weekly food column for Mother Earth Livingand she has been featured in the New York Times, New York Daily News,VegNews, Family Circle, Readers Digest, PBS Food, Naked Food and Healthy Aging, among other highly respected news, food and lifestyle-related journals.
- ½ cup nondairy milk
- 1 block (14 to 16 ounces) firm regular tofu, drained and cubed
- 3 heaping tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup vegan powdered sugar
- ½ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Heat the nondairy milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until steaming hot but not boiling. Put the tofu, peanut butter and sugar in a blender container, then add the chocolate chips. Pour in the steaming hot nondairy milk and process until completely smooth. Spoon or pipe the mixture into dessert dishes and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours. Serve chilled
- Serves 4 - 6
- I added a Tbs. of Chia Seeds to mine and a touch more mylk as well.
- Amount per serving, based on 6 servings: 199 Calories; 13g Fat; 5g Saturated fat; 10g Protein; 51mg Sodium; 15g Total Carbohydrate; 6g Sugars; 4g Fiber
Thanks to Laura and Jazzy Vegetarian, LLC for providing me with a copy of ‘vegan-ease’ for review and for sharing this delicious recipe with you all just in time for holiday feasts!
You can find Laura Theodore’s books on Amazon HERE.
If you’d like a chance to win a copy of Laura Theodore’s ‘vegan-ease’ for yourself, simply leave a comment on this post and tell me a bit about your own journey with healthy food and cruelty free eating.
Laura will provide one of my readers with an autographed copy of her new book & a special bonus provided by Pascha Vegan Chocolate 😉
U. S. residents only please. One winner will be picked at random on December 10th.
Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating this week ♥
More from my site
- Warming Apple Cider Spice Cake + A Stevia Giveaway from NuNaturals
- Kathy Hester’s ‘The Easy Vegan Cookbook’ + a Giveaway!