No need to bloat and ache after your Holiday meals these days.
I’m hoping that each of you can enjoy a few days off for your family celebrations this Season. After years of working full blast through the holiday season, I relish the time off that I enjoy these days. I still usually wake up before dawn on Black Friday. These days, it’s to enjoy a peaceful walk through the woods or a Wintery field instead of lining up and/or fighting crowds. I hope to help out with a healthier Holiday meal that is so quick and easy on Canned Time by sharing my favorite, fat-free, Vegan menu ideas in the next few weeks.
First off, I’m sharing a spectacularly healthy side salad, bright enough for anyone’s Holiday table setting. Serve this delicious hearty salad to your carnivore friends and family and they will absolutely NOT know it’s packed with nutrition. I added in some dried cranberries to balance out the light, oil-free dressing that holds it all together. The crispy beans and celery balance out the savory side of the pecans and quinoa. I love this salad any time of year. It travels well and tastes better the next day warmed or at room temperature. Make a big batch up in advance without the dressing and then just stir it all together when you’re ready to serve it up.
Let’s get to the details on this lovely, light Green Bean Quinoa Celery Salad:
- 4 cups cooked quinoa (per package instructions)
- 12 oz. lightly steamed green bean pieces
- 4 celery ribs, sliced thinly
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 cup apple cider or rice vinegar
- 4 tbs tamari
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 4 tbs powdered peanut butter, sesame flour or plant protein powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder or 2 cloves, diced
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp ground flax as a thickener (optional)
- Prepare the quinoa and set aside to cool. Mix together dressing ingredients in a sealed container and shake until well blended. Taste the dressing and adjust for taste adding more maple syrup or tamari.
- When serving, stir the dressing into the quinoa to coat. Add in the remaining ingredients and toss to mix before plating.
- For added flavor, stir the dressing into the cooled quinoa and store in the fridge overnight before adding the other ingredients.
- Serves 4 - 6 (about 2 quarts)
- Store in a sealed, glass container in the fridge for 3 or 4 days.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
More Oil-Free ideas upcoming on Canned Time for your Holiday meals.
Until then, check out last year’s menu ideas below ▼
More from my site
- Creepy Bats and Cats Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Don’t Forget Your Greens!!