In 2015, Canned Time is featuring a new recipe from a different blogger each month again.
This year’s theme: Family Favorite Desserts – Veganized.
My final entry for 2015 comes from the sweet Mandy over at BeSolfulliving.com. Today Mandy is sharing:
“Triple Chocolate Peppermint Brownies”
- 2/3 cup gluten-free all purpose flour (garbanzo bean-free / I use Enjoy Life brand or King Arthur)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or your choice of granulated sugar)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (divided)
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 6 Tablespoons aquafaba (chickpea brine)*
- 4 Tablespoons unsweetened plant milk
- 2 Tablespoons NuStevia Cocoa Mint Syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8×8 glass baking dish.
- In a medium-large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cacao, coconut sugar and salt. Set aside.
- Next, in a double boiler (over med-low heat), gently warm your tahini and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips – stir constantly. Once the chocolate has melted and is smoothly combined with the tahini, remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate-tahini mixture to the dry mixing bowl, along with the other wet ingredients (aquafaba, milk, vanilla, cocoa mint syrup). Stir until well combined and then fold in the other 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. The batter will be thick and somewhat sticky.
- Evenly spread the batter into your greased baking dish using the back of a spatula to smooth it out.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until your tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for at least 25 minutes before cutting. I was super impatient the first trial and not only made a crumbled mess, but I burned the roof of my mouth! Ha!
- Top with homemade Coconut-Peppermint Whipped Cream (see below) or ENJOY them plain.
- Chill a can of full fat coconut milk in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- Once your coconut milk has chilled, place your mixing bowl in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop the thick cream part out of the can of coconut milk and place it in your chilled mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand up mixer, whip until fluffy and creamy!
- Add 5-6 drops of Pure Liquid Peppermint NuStevia and whip again until combined.
More from my site
- Win $100 In International Shipping Across the Globe – plus Roasted Chestnut Orange Maple Butter
- Becky’s Loaded Vegan Mac n Cheesy Cashew Butter Carrot Sauce – Entry #1 in the 2016 Nut Butter Bash