Sometimes, the simplest ingredients make up the best recipes. This pear pie is definitely simple. And definitely delicious. I recently discovered a wonderful blog, Vegan 8. This site takes simple and delicious to a new level. Check it out.
So my ‘lazy girl’ spiced pear pie is just that, simple, easy, fresh, healthy and yummy. Pick your favorite fresh fruit, add a little spice, some filo dough for crust. Bake. Devour!
Make sure you use fruit that is just ripe or slightly over ripe.
You’ll need much less processed sugars when the fruit provides your flavors by itself and wont need added sweetness.
- 1 prepared Filo dough, slightly thawed
- 4 ripe pears, cored and sliced thinly
- 8 oz. non dairy cream cheese
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 2 Tbs Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Organic cane sugar
- Vegan butter for basting (about 1/2 cup melted)
- In a food processor, combine cream cheese, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves and 1 of the sliced pears. Blend until smooth.
- Lay out the filo dough onto a greased pie plate or tart pan. Baste the filo with a light coating of butter. Bake the filo at 300 for about 10 minutes until it is just barely browning. Pour the cream mixture onto the filo and spread to fill the bottom of your plate. Sprinkle the cream with a little of your cane sugar. Arrange the remaining sliced pears on top of the cream layer. Sprinkle the remaining cane sugar on top of the sliced pears. Baste the filo crust edges again and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the tops of the fruit are browned. Watch to see if your filo edges need another basting of butter after about 20 minutes so that they down burn. Serve with ice cream or just by it's simple self 😉
Today is my 14th wedding anniversary and I think 2014 is gonna be just as great as the last 14!
Keep things simple folks. Have a safe and Happy New Year!
More from my site
- Coconut Dulce de Leche Candies and Cream
- Happy New Year 2014