I couldn’t let you all go a full two months without yet another soup recipe from Canned Time.com. . Enjoy. It’s a favorite and cold weather is just around the bend….
Is that a big enough soup spoon or what?
Fresh Rosemary White Bean & Barley Soup
- 2 - 3 Quarts of Vegetable Soup Stock
- 2 15 oz. cans White Beans - I used Cannellini
- 2 cups sliced Shitake Mushrooms or other
- 1 medium size Onion, diced
- 1 cup Uncooked Pearl Barley grains
- 1 Tbs. Garlic Powder or 3 Cloves minced
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbs. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs. Oil - I used Walnut
- In a large pot, saute the diced onion, barley and mushrooms on medium heat until the onions have softened some, about 5 minutes, stir frequently.
- Add in the spices and cook another 5 minutes. Add in the Vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add in the beans. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Great stored in the freezer for a quick meal.
- For a creamier soup, blend 1/2 of the cooked soup in a blender until smooth then add back in to the pot. Works well with a variety of beans if you'd rather not use white, pinto or try cranberry beans for a more colorful presentation.
Take care folks.
More from my site
- Virtual Vegan Linky Potluck Week 9
- Ka’ Chava Tribal Superfood Meal Shake – Review & A Giveaway!