I can tell you without hesitation that this cake is the best chocolate cake I’ve ever eaten…so there’s that….
It’s safe to say that after nearly a half decade of using products made by NuNaturals brand that I not only trust their quality, but I rely on them for my kitchen. I am truly addicted to their Vanilla Liquid Stevia. I have been since I won a few bottles way back when in a Giveaway. I remember being blown away at the difference in NuNaturals and other brands of stevia I’d tried. A good difference. And if you’ve spent any time here at Canned Time, you’ll recognize not only the brand name in so many of my recipes but you know the wonderful variety of new products that they keep developing to help out with a low sugar, low-calorie diet plan. If you’re new to NuNaturals products, here’s a quick list of what they offer to help keep us healthier and dessert driven:
Alcohol Free Stevia, Vanilla Stevia, Clear Stevia CalmMind, Daily Energy, Daily Soy, Extra Energy, JointWell, LevelRight, Mental Energy Formula, NuStevia NoCarbs Blend, Sweet Health, Sweet-X, Throat Control Spray, NuStevia White Stevia, MoreFiber Stevia Baking Blend, PreSweet, NuGrain
Quite a list and their latest addition, Red Dutch Process Cocoa Powder is pure delight for me! NuNaturals Dutch Process Cocoa has a strong chocolaty taste. It is an intensely dark, red cocoa powder with a 22-24% fat content.
First my newest cake adventures and then on to a nice Giveaway chance for you all.
This cake needs very little description today other than it’s Devilishly decatent and rich. Deep rich chocolate tones with a tiny touch of tang from the splash of vinegar. It’s a low sugar recipe, thanks in part to NuNaturals products and has only 1 tsp of oil, coconut oil to grease the sides of your pan. I used a glass baking dish with high sides so I used a touch of oil for the sides of my pan but feel free to adjust and illiminate the oil if you’d like.
The blueberry granola topping is great but its optional if you’d like to create a super low sugar cake that’s still packed with flavor.
There is a bit of oil, healthier oil in moderation again from the tasty walnuts hidden inside but I think that they’re worth the extra effort to eat and enjoy this one as is.
I made up a double batch of batter and baked a batch of muffins along with the cake for easy carry in my morning rush. I prefer the cake for moisture but the muffins are too convenient to pass up. The added granola crunch adds to the sweet chocolate cakey muffins, more like cupcakes to be sure. Mornings are best with healthy guilt free ready-made snacks. So cake for home but definitely muffins for travel.
- 2 cups organic pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup NuNaturals brand Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla liquid stevia
- 2 tbs ground flax seed
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- coconut oil for greasing pan
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- 3/4 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed granola and a bit more coconut sugar for topping
- Grease the sides of your 9 inch cake pan or muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients except for the sugar. Add sugar and stir to blend and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the wet ingredients and allow to stand for 3-4 minutes to allow the flax to gel as an egg substitute. Make sure that your ingredients are all at room temperature and then combine wet with dry to form a thick, pudding like batter.
- Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips and blueberries.
- Pour batter into cake pan or spoon into muffins tins to half full. Sprinkle with more berries, coconut sugar and granola for a crunchy topping.
- Bake Cake @400 degrees for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 300 and bake an additional 45 minutes.
- For Muffin/Cupcakes bake @400 for 15 minutes and test for doneness.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Makes 1 cake 9 cake or about 2 dozen muffins depending on cup size.
NuNaturals is offering 4 of my readers, anywhere in the World, 4 products if they win!
can receive SPECIAL DISCOUNTS on all orders placed on their website : www.nunaturals.com
When you get to the checkout page, just enter the DISCOUNT CODE of : BLG0616 and they will receive a -15% DISCOUNT on their entire order. ( NOT to be combined with any other discounts. )
Online ordering customers may also receive FREE SHIPPING to the CONTINENTAL U.S. on all orders exceeding $ 35.00 after discounts.
My 4 winning readers will EACH win:
In addition, the 4 winners will also receive a FREE BONUS item.
The total retail value of each package is $ 70.00.
Enter below by leaving a comment letting us know about a favorite chocolate snack or dessert that you love.
I’ll pick one of those treats to feature on the blog here next month as well.
For extra entries,
The contest ends on March 20 and is open it all countries.
More from my site
- Black-eyed Pea Habanero Mango Salsa + Our Family Favorites Winner!
- Sarah’s ‘Chocolate Crunch Granola’ from FriedDandelions.com – March’s 2016 Nut Butter Blast entry!