1 year ago I was dehydrating Cabbage Leaf Chips
This year I made 2 trays of dehydrated BBQ flavored Flax Seed Crackers. So I needed some dip to go with right?
You can find this delicious Beet Hummus recipe HERE.
For mine, I added in a can of Chick Peas and a little more lemon to make it less thick. I would add more seasonings if I had just been serving it with veggies but since the flax crackers are bursting with spice and a little heat, the subtle taste of the hummus was just right.
I love how absolutely CRUNCHY the crackers came out. Gluten free. Guilt free.
- 2 cups whole flax seeds
- 1 cup almond meal (use raw almonds for raw options)
- 10 oz. Hemp seeds (ditto)
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds (ditto ditto)
- 15 oz. can pizza sauce (10 cherry tomatoes crushed for raw)
- 1 tsp. powdered garlic or 2 cloves minced fine
- 1 Tbs powdered BBQ seasoning (omit for raw)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Combine the flax seeds (unground) with the pizza sauce and set aside for 10 minutes. Stir together all other ingredients and then fold them into the flax / pizza sauce mixture.
- Pour portions of the cracker dough out onto dehydrator sheets to about ⅓ inch thick. Putting a little oil on your fingers or a spoon will help to smooth out the batter.
- Dehydrate the crackers at 145 degrees for 45 minutes. Carefully flip sections of your crackers over and reduce heat down to 115. Score into squares at this point if desired and then dehydrate for an additional 15 to 20 hours. Break apart crackers when they've reached the desired crispness. Store in a sealed container for up to 2 months.
You really can’t get better tasting fiber into your diet than these crackers. And I made a great discovery after the hummus was all gone that the crackers make fabulous croutons for soups and salads as well. Super flavorful crunch for your salads and a nice texture for soups. You’ll really be happy you gave these crackers a try. Trust me.
Next up on Canned Time: a new giveaway and some healthy treats from India ♥
More from my site
- Spicy Tomato BLT Bites with Broccoli Sprouts and Shitaki ‘Bacon’
- Vegan Richa and Vegan Diwali Sweets