This dish is the easiest way I know to enjoy all the flavors and nutrition of a stir fried meal, without the Wok!
It’s also a wonderful way to use up some older veggies and give them new life for a quick, healthy super. I used yellow squash and sweet pea pods for this one. Obviously, a zillion different veggies would have worked just as well. This one is all about the sauce.
You can make the sauce up a couple of days in advance even if needed – Party food anyone? And then just clean and cut up whichever veggies you choose. Put your cut veggies in a deep baking dish. Pour on the sauce. Stir and bake. That’s it. So good. So fast.
And your house will have that heavenly smell of just delivered Chinese food, without the expense. Without the big tip for a driver.
Pour on your sauce and you’re ready to bake!
The sauce has a hint of Thai. It can be made thin or thick. I suggest making enough though. You’ll want some to pour over a little rice as well to make this a quick meal for any night. 30 minutes in the over and your ready to eat.
You know I have to sprinkle a little red pepper flakes too. And why not add some nutritious sesame seeds to fancy up your
“Faux Stir Fry” ?
- 1/2 Cup Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 - 2 tsp Chili Oil ( or Sesame to reduce the spice)
- 1/2 Cup Water mixed with 1 Tbs. Arrowroot or Cornstarch
- 4 Cups Chopped Fresh Vegetables like Squash, Broccoli, Snow Peas etc.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a small bowl. Mix your vegetables together in a large bowl.
- Pour the wet mixture over 4 cups of fresh chopped veggies to coat. Transfer your sauced veggies into an oven safe large dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve with rice or noodles.
- Serves 4 - 5
I know you’ll love this one and you’ll love the clean up after. Let me know when you try it so I can get feedback and more ideas on flavor combinations and how the oven stir fry worked out for you. Take care everyone and enjoy!
More from my site
- Spiced Up Tomato-Potato Salad
- Fran Costigan’s ‘Vegan Chocolate’ Pre-Giveaway-Giveaway, HUH?