Have you seen this yet? Emily von Euw’s first compilation of healthy desserts – all ‘Raw’ all ‘Vegan’ all simple and delicious. At first glance, you wont know what to make first. Then, with a quick review of the fresh, organic ingredients, you’ll realize just how simple it would be to make them ALL! I started off with a quick batch of dehydrated Peanut Butter Cookies……I was actually coveting them, hoping my Husband didn’t ask to try one out….they lasted less than 24 hours. Then I tried chocolate nut butter cups – equally simple and tasty. Today I have the pleasure of sharing one of Emily’s delectable recipes from ‘rawsome vegan baking’
Banana Ice-Cream Tarts with Salted Nutmeg Caramel!
You’ll say, ‘those aren’t tarts?’ But that’s the beauty of Raw recipes. You can adapt just about anything into just what you like.
Same ingredients, different presentation. Actually, this way you get a bigger serving………so, bowls or tarts, works for me!
One problem you may encounter is not nibbling up your ingredients prior to making them into your dessert.
Hint: buy extra.
So you’d like to gobble up some of Emily’s prize recipes in your own kitchen…….for free? Enter to win a copy of Emily’s book here and you’ll be on your way to ‘rawsome vegan baking’ yourself. Or if that’s not quick enough for you, it is available at major bookstores, including Costco, Ebay, or just jump on-line and pick one up from Amazon. But still enter to win one for free of course, I mean….duh?
- Makes: 4 large tarts
- 1 cup (145 g) raw pecans
- 1 cup (145 g) raisins
- ½ cup (88 g) pitted dates barely covered in water
- Salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) melted coconut oil
- ICE CREAM
- 1 banana, frozen
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- TO MAKE THE CRUST: Pulse the pecans into flour in your food processor. Add the raisins and process until they stick together. Press into tart molds and put in the fridge.
- TO MAKE THE CARAMEL: Blend all the ingredients until smooth, adding water, as needed.
- TO MAKE THE ICE CREAM: Cut up the banana, then throw the pieces into your blender along with the cinnamon and vanilla, and blend until very thick, white and creamy—it’s just like soft-serve! It will take just seconds, you may have to stop your blender and push the banana down into the blades so it can blend fully. Now fill your tart crusts with the ice cream and spoon on your caramel. Eat right away because the banana ice cream melts über fast!
- Recipe printed with permission.
What you’ll really love about Emily’s recipes are the simplicity of the ingredients and techniques. Pure, wholesome fruits and vegetables can make the most fabulous flavors. Simple things that you can keep around the kitchen all the time to whip up a tasty, good-for-you dessert any time for family or friends in just minutes.
Thanks Emily ♥
Giveaway runs through midnight EST, March 31st. US & Canada residents only please.
More from my site
- BBQ Cauliflower ‘Sausage’ Bites with Creamy Dill Dip
- A. B. C. Smoothie Antioxidant Blast in a glass + my “virtual” friend Annie